If you are opting out of the busy, over priced restaurants for your love this Valentine’s day, why not get extra brownie points by getting creative and setting the mood at home. Here’s some tips and tricks to help you set the scene.
Candles are a given right for romantic lighting… but if you don’t fancy burning the house down, have a look at these alternatives for your little love nest…
Everyone gal loves flowers especially on Valentine’s Day! Add some sparkle with some battery operated lights to make them a little different from the standard bunch of flowers from the petrol station. We have some here.
Our decorative smoked glass Terrarium is perfect for a dark corner of the room or you could use this as a centre piece to your romantic lighting on a table for two. Illuminate this with some warm white battery lights to give a subtle warm glow when the lights are dimmed. Creating a lovely lantern of love.
Add some of our battery lights to an empty mason jar, tie a bit of ribbon around the top to make it look pretty and hey presto! A much safer romantic lighting alternative to lighting candles, especially if you have children or pets about.
Make a statement of Lurrrve with these wooden heart shaped lights. They come in a neutral white to match any given décor, but you can easily customise by painting them yourself. Hang or drape on your bedstead or use as table décor.
So you have your lighting, why not add a few extra decorative touches:
- Scatter some rose petals around your table centre piece to add a bit of colour.
- Add some heart shaped paper cut outs or heart related decorations around the place. See our rustic hanging heart decoration.
- Are you a closet chef? Try your hand at cooking the meal yourself to surprise your loved one…failing that…get a take away from the local.
- Buy a bottle of bubbly and some choccys and the jobs a good un!
- Happy Valentine’s Daaaay folks!
If you have a go at any of these ideas, send us some pics in. We’d love to hear from you and see your creative ideas brought to life.